7.05.2010

Summer Reading Part 1

Now that school is out until September I have been doing a lot of reading. I can't even begin to tell you how nice it is to read for fun! Here is the damage I have done so far:
I heard about Jen Lancaster from my friend Julie. We have very similar taste in our books so I had to give this author a try. Oh my god! She is so friggin funny!! I laughed out loud through out this entire book. This is not always a good thing, especially if you are reading at work. This book is basically about a girl who is living the life. She has a great job earning tons of money, perfect trendy apartment in the city (Chicago), all the latest fashion from all the biggest labels, hair done by the best stylist in the city, and an attitude to match. Then everything crashes down when she loses her job and can't find another. I could relate to Lancaster in a few ways in this book. Mainly I went through a phase where labels and status were a big deal to me (stupid girl I was). I learned my lesson alot quicker than Lancaster did. This was a great book and I highly recommend it to you! Lancaster is a smart ass but she is funny.  


Another Jen Lancaster book. This is the follow up to "Bitter is the New Black". While I have never lived in a big city, I have always wondered what it would be like. Sex and the City made it seem so awesome. Thank you Jen Lancaster for showing me that it is not always so super. While Lancaster tells you her tales of apartment hunting, life being employed, job hunting and her other shenanigans in a funny way it wasn't quite as laugh out loud funny as "Bitter". Still a fun read.

When I first heard about this book I had mixed feelings. I LOVE Sex and the City! So the idea of learning about Carrie's past intrigued me. On the other hand I really haven't been a huge fan of Bushnell's other books. But I decided to check the book out at the library and give it a shot. I did not want to put this book down once I started. It was really well written and had great characters. I had to stop a few times and think because some of the story lines differ from the TV show. The book leaves you with a HUGE cliffhanger that left me begging for the next book. But I don't think that the next book comes out until next summer :-(  Like I even need to say this, go read this book!

No comments: