My current purse is a black and grey over sized Coach doctor's bag. Inside is a black hole containing:
- my wallet. Brown signature Coach. Inside my wallet is the normal wallet things, drivers licence. Debit card. Credit card. I think you get the picture
- Wristlet. Brown signature Coach (matches the wallet). I use this to hold my more personal items including: 3 tampons, contact solution, epi pen, sudafed, hair ties, bobby pins and asthma inhaler
- Day planner. Kate Spade, black and kelly green. I know that a day planner is slightly old school, but this is one thing that I can't yet bring myself to use an electron item for. I get crap all the time, but my old fashion system has yet to run out of batteries or lose data on me.
- 3 pens
- 2 pencils
- 1 black sharpie
- Coin purse. kelly green Coach. Full of coins
- Small bottle of Advil
- Combo lock for the gym. Purple and sliver
- iPod. Black video, or classic as they call it now
- 3 packs of trident spearmint gum
- 2 tubes of Burt's Bee's lip balm
- Philosophy Big Mouth lip gloss (side note, this is the best gloss ever!)
- Sunglasses in case. Ray Ban shield style
- Work ID badge
- Various receipts (I stopped counting at 30)
- Small Smashbox cream blush (for emergencies)
- highlighter, yellow
- Small spiral note pad
- Keihl's hand lotion
- Purell hand sanitizer
- Grocery list
- 10 blank 3x5 index cards (I have no clue why I have them in there)
Yikes, I have alot of crap. I wish that I was cooler and took the time to lay all of the junk out on the table and take a picture like Jane did. But I was to lazy. Sorry. Now that I emptied my purse not all of this is in it. I was slightly embarrassed by all the the stuff I was toting around. So what's in your handbag?
- Stairway to Heaven- Led Zeppelin
- Stronger- Kanye West
- 4 Minutes- Madonna and Justin Timberlake
- Highway To Hell- ACDC
- Shake- The Ying Yang Twins
- Beat It- Fallout Boy and John Mayer
- Black Dog- Led Zeppelin
- Lose Control- Missy Elliot
- In the Ayer- Flo Rida
- You Shook Me All Night Long- ACDC
- Hollaback Girl- Gwen Stefani
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)- Beyonce
- Rock and Roll- Led Zeppelin
- Jesus Walks- Kanye West
- The Way I Are- Timberland
- Till I Collapse- Eminem
Now before I go any further, let me say this. I probably would have loved the movie had I not read the series of books. It was cute and I adore Isla Fisher. But I just has such high expectations. I know that the movie is never as good as the book, but they didn't have to do what they did.
Ok, reasons why it was bad:
- They clumped together parts of all the books into the one movie. I felt so robbed of these story lines
- Becky's job storyline was messed up. Really, why did they change this. The whole book was based on the irony that a shopaholic was working for a savings magazine and got a TV spot giving advice. They did get around to this in the movie, but I didn't like the way they did this.
- Alicia Bitch Long Legs. She did look just like I imagined her. But once again they made her a much smaller role in the movie. She really deserved a bigger storyline
- Luke. He wasn't nearly as cute as I had hoped. Plus they made him a struggling suit. In the books Luke is the man. He owns his own company and takes names and kicks ass. Not so much in this movie.
January came and went in a blur of cold, work, school. The highlights were the trip to Hawaii and my Birthday. As I have gotten older I have learned to take delight in the smaller things in life. The things that truly matter. Family, friends, and love. Things at 26 have fallen into place for me and it's wonderful. I'm still working hard, but that's what life is all about. I have to say that I am truly grateful to have reconnected with an old friend Julie. I have enjoyed our chats and time together so much. I really needed someone like her in my life again. I'm glad that we overcame the drama that once kept us apart and became friends again. Besides she is one of the only people who really understand my shopping disease :-) I look forward to many fun times ahead.
Up until I got sick I had been doing so well on my workout regime. Ryan even bought me new running shoes. But this dang cold knocked me on my butt. So it will be hard to get the motivation and strength to start working out again.
Oh and before I forget, Happy Valentines Day! I am watching Love Actually cuddled up in my warm blanket. I can't wait for Ryan to come home from work to have him to cuddle with.