2.21.2009

What's in Your Handbag?

I was reading Jane Green, one of my favorite authors, blog the other day and loved her most recent blogs. They were inspired by an article in inStyle magazine where they had celebrities list the contents of their handbag. Jane did this and was shocked by what she had. This struck my curiosity and I decided to do the same. So here it is.

My current purse is a black and grey over sized Coach doctor's bag. Inside is a black hole containing:
  • my wallet. Brown signature Coach. Inside my wallet is the normal wallet things, drivers licence. Debit card. Credit card. I think you get the picture
  • Wristlet. Brown signature Coach (matches the wallet). I use this to hold my more personal items including: 3 tampons, contact solution, epi pen, sudafed, hair ties, bobby pins and asthma inhaler
  • Day planner. Kate Spade, black and kelly green. I know that a day planner is slightly old school, but this is one thing that I can't yet bring myself to use an electron item for. I get crap all the time, but my old fashion system has yet to run out of batteries or lose data on me.
  • 3 pens
  • 2 pencils
  • 1 black sharpie
  • Coin purse. kelly green Coach. Full of coins
  • Small bottle of Advil
  • Combo lock for the gym. Purple and sliver
  • iPod. Black video, or classic as they call it now
  • 3 packs of trident spearmint gum
  • 2 tubes of Burt's Bee's lip balm
  • Philosophy Big Mouth lip gloss (side note, this is the best gloss ever!)
  • Sunglasses in case. Ray Ban shield style
  • Work ID badge
  • Various receipts (I stopped counting at 30)
  • Small Smashbox cream blush (for emergencies)
  • highlighter, yellow
  • Small spiral note pad
  • Keihl's hand lotion
  • Purell hand sanitizer
  • Grocery list
  • 10 blank 3x5 index cards (I have no clue why I have them in there)

Yikes, I have alot of crap. I wish that I was cooler and took the time to lay all of the junk out on the table and take a picture like Jane did. But I was to lazy. Sorry. Now that I emptied my purse not all of this is in it. I was slightly embarrassed by all the the stuff I was toting around. So what's in your handbag?

No comments: