- I would like to be more crafty. I want to try to make more thing, like scrub tops for example. I really don't think that I can see myself scrap booking yet, but maybe some small things. I would like to learn how to sew well enough to make some things. I would love to make some aprons. I have seen the cutest fabric lately. I would also like to attempt to make more gifts for people. I think that homemade things are so thoughtful.
- I want to become more fit. I don't really want to lose weight. I have come to learn that numbers are a bad thing to focus on. I want to become stronger, develop more stamina (that's what she said), and become a healthier person. Between school, work and personal life things I have really learned the importance of taking care of your body. I know I can't change somethings about me, but I want to learn to love me. And taking care of myself is that best way to do that.
- Spend more time with friends
- Laugh more. 2008 was a sad year for me, so I want to make 2009 a fresh start with lots of laughter. As Jimmy Buffet said, "if we couldn't laugh we all would go insane"
- Don't worry so much. I am constantly working on this. I am such a horrible worry wart. Worry is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere. I also want to focus on the things that I can control in my life and stress less over the things I can't. I know that I can't change this over night, it will probably take years to change these habits. But you got to start somewhere. I also want to stop worrying about where I will be in 5 years or 10 years. I have done this to much in the past and I lost out on so much that was happening in that moment. I want to work on living each day to it's fullest. That is something that my Grandma really showed me how to do.
- Reduce my carbon footprint
- Budget and save. This is hard because I get budget envy really bad sometimes (thanks Julie for that term). But I got to focus on the end point and that makes it worth it. Also when you budget it makes buying things a little more special. You really got to think about what you are buying. I read somewhere that you should write down every single purchase you make for a week and see where your money goes. Maybe I will try this little experiment.
- Finish my Grandma's cookbook
- Refuse to let the dysfunctional people in my life make my life dysfunctional
- Read more
ps- sorry for all the spelling errors. It's late and for some reason the spell check wont work. I will add become a better speller to my list :-)