9.29.2008

Thoughts...

"My encouragement for life, never stop dreaming. Always work for change, strive for personal growth, be you, be kind, love everyone despite themselves, be the friend you wish you had, steer clear from arguments (they only make you prematurely age), be happy [no one else can do this for you], find the author of true love {He is unfailing}. Lastly, truly live the moment you're in. For time oh, so quickly fades, and sooner than one realizes we are left alone, pondering our lives, wishing we were yet again young. Someone once said, "youth is wasted on the young." Don't let that be true. Make a difference. Stand against the norm. Know that peace only comes from the Giver of it [peace]. What must be done is this...fight for truth. Fight for honesty. Fight for love"

A friend of mine posted this on their blog this morning and I stole it. I read it and found it amazing and inspiring. Sometimes someone else can put into words what you think or feel better than you can. This is true for the above. In the recent months I have been reflecting a lot on my life. I can say that I am very happy for where I am and the person who I have become. More importantly I have finally hit a point in my life where I can reflect and learn from my past experiences and mistakes. This is a sign of true maturity to me. I believe that everyone has had experiences in their life that they can learn from, it's just a matter of being able to truly learn from them. So in light of all of this I will share a few random words of wisdom from Melissa :-)
  1. Don't let others bring you down. I learned this the hard way from someone at OSU. When people harvest negative thoughts or energy they try to spread it so that others feel this same way. When you are constantly around this type of person it tends to make you start thinking the negative thoughts as well. Try to keep away from these people. Stay positive. Being a happy person is so much better, especially for your health. Try to cheer the person up, if they continue to be that way just let them go. They aren't worth keeping in your life.
  2. Let things go. Like I said before don't become one of those people who hold on to every single grudge. Negative thoughts and energy is so bad for your health and well being. If something is really bothering you, write it down. I'm sure that you have heard about this before. But write a letter to the person and don't send it. Come back to it at a later date when you have cooled off and most of the time it will seem so petty. Be the bigger person and just don't fight. It really does age you
  3. True love is the greatest gift of all. Finding someone who loves you for you, flaws and all is something that is indescribable. I hope that every person can experience this in their life time. Cherish this and make sure that you always let that special person know how you feel. And this isn't only for a romantic type of love. The love that a friend or family member can give you is amazing too. It's one of those things that when you are feeling down you can reflect on and smile about again.
  4. Take time for yourself. Find something that makes you happy like reading, cooking, gardening, any type of hobby.
  5. Be a lifelong learner.
  6. Remember to breathe. Things aren't always as bad as they seem
  7. Send thank you cards. It's a simple classy thing to do. Someone went out of their way to do something special for you, do the same.
  8. Smile!
  9. Lastly...take care of you body. You only have one. Wear sunscrean. Eat well. Exercise.

Ok so I could keep going on and on. But this is my short (and probably obvious) list.

No comments: