12.14.2010

My first hat!

I finished knitting my first hat! I'm very excited. I can't even begin to tell you how good it felt to knit again...or just be crafty! I have missed it so much. I have to appologize for the lousy pictures. I got a new camera for a graduation gift and it hasn't came yet. I gave my old one to my mom so I just have a point and shoot currently.

As you can tell Ryan was the lucky winner of this hat. The name of the pattern is "Turn a Square" you can see where it gets its name from the top of the hat. See the square?

Knitting a hat wasn't nearly as hard as I had expected. I did struggle with the jogless striping on it. You can kind of see in this picture how the stripes don't line up...that's where I had the trouble. You are to only slip the first stitch of the color change...not all of the color change. So that is why it looks so funny. But I was so excited to finish the hat that I couldn't rip it out and do them again. Ryan says he still loves it. I wish I would have used better yarn. I guess I will have to knit him another hat. I really liked this pattern and will use it again

details:

pattern - Turn a Square
yarn - Loops and Threads Solids
also detailed on my raverly page pattern

No comments: