3.04.2009

The Clarisonic

After 10 years of using the same facial products I have made a change. First and foremost I got a Clarisonic facial system. I have been coveting on of these for a couple years, but they have been to expensive. Well, Ryan surprised me and bought me one last week. I was so excited! I know that it will take a few months to truly see the results, but so far I have to say that I am very impressed. The only thing that I don't like is that it has made my skin more oily. But this is an expected side effect for the first couple of months because the system is purging the oil and impurities from your skin. It has to come out at some time. But really it isn't to bad. I can't even begin to tell you how soft my skin feels. I notice it the most when I have makeup on, because the the makeup lies so much better on my skin.

I have also changed the cleanser that I use. Since I was 16 I have been using the Clinique 3 step face care. It's a tried and true product. And to tell you the truth I still think that it is a good product. But the thing that I didn't like is that recently they have changed the medium of the facial cleanser. It went from a solid cleaner (bar form) to a liquid medium. Since the change I just don't feel that I get the same "clean" feeling from the cleanser. I have noticed when I use the toner that it takes about 4 cotton balls to get them to wipe away clean with no makeup. This was frustrating to me. So I began my research to find a new cleanser.

My search led me to Philosophy Purity. The first time I used it was magic! My face felt so clean without feeling dried out. Plus it didn't have a makeup residue on it. It is a little more expensive than the Clinique but I'm hoping it will be worth it. I will have to use the new products for a couple of months before I can know for sure. But so far I am pleased.

1 comment:

Karla said...

Thanks for your reviews! I use Clinique also, but my skin sucks. I might have to try Philosophy. I just get acne so much and dry patches and I'm flippin' 35!!!