3.14.2009

Upon further investigation

Today after work I went to Michael's. What better way to embrace trying to be crafty than by going to a craft store. I wanted to look at some cross stitching stuff. Upon further investigation I have decided that the classic cross stitching is not quite what I had in mind to do. While I do have great respect for the amount of time that it takes to do those patterns, it's just not quite my style. I want to do something more whimsy and I don't know...free spirited. I guess what I want to do is more embroidery. I think that the book that I ordered from Amazon will be just what I want to do. I have a few ideas that once I get the hang of stitching that I will try to trace on or freehand. But I got to get kinda good fast in order to do pull my ideas off. I did wind up leaving Michael's with some stuff for the baby shower gift I am making for Heidi (I will post pictures when it's all done) and some embroidery floss and needles.

It makes me sad that I don't have enough time to do everything that I want to do with all of my new craft ideas. So what I am doing is making a folder of craft ideas. I have like over 200 ideas saved in my favorites on my laptop. It is really making me sad that they discontinued Google notebook, which a friend recently told me to try out because it would be perfect to store all of my ideas. Anyone know of anything that is like Google notebook? I can't wait for school to be done so I can have a life again!

Ok, I am off to study, cook dinner and do laundry. Perhaps not in that order. Probably more like all at the same time. Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

ps- once again another post with out being the new flashing type I was hoping to start doing :-(

No comments: